Thursday, September 26, 2013

What are some easy jazz songs on guitar?

guitar licks
 on GUITAR VICIO: Lick Library - Learn To Play Blues Lead Guitar
guitar licks image



kevin


I'm an intermediate guitar player who plays classic rock and the blues. I can play pretty fast and everything but I am new to jazz guitar. I've learned some chords and scales and am working on improvisation. What are some good songs to learn that don't have really fast chord changes with some cool jazz guitar licks. Thanks for any help!


Answer
Lucas is right get a good teacher. In Jazz we change keys a lot. I usually start students on Blue Bossa. It has a fairly slow progression and it only has one key change. It also only has an A section so the progression is easy to learn. If you want something more difficult try Green Dolphin Street or I'll Remember April. They are both fun songs to solo to.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment