Sunday, September 29, 2013

Do I need a guitar humidifier for my acoustic guitar?

guitar humidifier
 on guitar humidifier
guitar humidifier image



Johnny


I have a really expensive maple-body acoustic guitar. I live in LA, but much of the time, the airconditioning is on in my house, and whenever I'm not playing the guitar it's in its case under a table. Do I really need one? If so, what's the best one to get that goes in the case? Thank you.


Answer
Probably not as important in LA, but it never hurts to use one. For all those in other parts of the country where it is starting to get cold, you should use one whenever it is cold enough to use the heat. You can pick one up at a guitar store. They are all pretty similar. No sense in taking a chance with an expensive guitar. I use 2 in the winter months. One in the case, and a sound hole humidifier. I don't want to ruin a $3500 Martin.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment