Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How to connect a shure sm57 dynamic microphone to a HP laptop?

guitar xlr cable
 on xlr microphone cable Products - EO21 China suppliers directory
guitar xlr cable image



Josh


recently purchased a shure sm57 dynamic microphone for home recording of electric guitar. It will be my first time doing anything in this field, so i am a complete amateur. my problem is, what cable or adapter would i need to get in order to plug in my sm57 into my hp pavillion g7 notebook pc. is it possible to plug in the sm57 directly into the computer? how is the quality and what would be the best route?

equipment i have:
shure sm57 dynamic microphone
hp pavillion g7 quad core a6 vision amd processor notebook pc
"Professional audio XLR Cable" where my problem lies that the laptop does not accept an xlr cable.



Answer
I agree with AMDKilla -- an XLR to 3.5mm mono cable would work.  A better option, however, is to use a usb interface such as the M-Audio Fast Track USB or similar device.  See http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FastTrkUSB2 for more about this device.
 



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment