Sunday, September 29, 2013

What guitar pedal should I purchase?

guitar overdrive pedal
 on Win a Normandy Guitars O-CB Overdrive Pedal!
guitar overdrive pedal image



Jake


I've been playing for about a year now and I have fallen in love with the instrument. Right now I have an Epiphone Les Paul which I'm playing through a Marshall MG100HDFX. I have a pedal board which consists of a Hardware Loop/delay pedal, a boss os2 overdrive pedal, an electro harmonix small clone chorus, and a flanger which i rarely use. Anyway I want to know what pedal i should considered adding to my pedal board. I play mostly rock but also play a lot of reggae rock such as Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Stick Figure, Rebeloution, Expendables etc.

So basically what pedal should I consider buying to get a accurate sound of these types of bands right now I'm deciding between some phaser or the cry baby wah wah. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
I'd have to agree, wah is a good idea. Pick up a good Dunlop Crybaby wah and go nuts. A Volume pedal is a good investment too. Look up "volume swells" on YouTube - you'll see delays and volume pedals in each vid i'm sure.

Also, all those pedals can get noisy. A good gate or noise gate pedal will keep the hiss down.

Signal loss can happen when you chain all those pedals together. You could also invest in a signal buffer. There is a company called "This Ones Mine" (T1M) that sell buffers that are very good and very cheap.

You could also pick up a second delay with a tap tempo on it (Boss DD7). Many players have two or more delays, one for long delays and one for short.

A good power source like the Dunlop DC Brick and a good pedal board like Pedal Train's stuff is always a good investment too.

Hope that helps.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment