Sunday, September 29, 2013

What are the things you need to know to teach yourself guitar?

guitar buddy
 on Charvel Guitar Legend Logo T shirt Charvel Bass Guitar Rock Band
guitar buddy image



Alex


I just want to know some things that I need to know to teach my self how to play guitar. I've looked everwhere in my area and I can't find a good guitar teacher so I figured why not teach my self it will probably make me a better guitarist anyway. I'm 15 by the way.


Answer
That's the age I got started too.

Besides all the teaching aids as chord books; CD lessons; both audio and DVD; and all the websites around to choose from... there are two other elements you might want to consider. But don't give up on looking for instruction later with someone who has the experience.

Recording of your playing, by any number of methods, so that not only you will hear your progress but have that second guitar besides solo to work with. The other, is having a playing buddy to bounce off of when learning and talking shop with each other.

It can be done. But it will depend upon your love for the instrument and the music it can provide and what you will be able to create as you progress in the adventure of guitar playing. Dedication and making time, it may just become an enjoyable hobby at the least.

Welcome to the world of axes.


p.s.: Hey,MJ. 'House of the Rising Sun' was the first song on the guitar I could play all the way through. Thanks for that input buddy. I know I am one. (With the guitar, that is.)



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment