Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How much should an acoustic duo charge for a set?

guitar quartet
 on found this in the trash yesterday. Came complete with bagging system ...
guitar quartet image



...em.love


I'm looking into booking a gig for background music at a restaurant in the next town over from mine. I play with my dad as an acoustic duo; we both play guitar and I sing. I've been playing out for about 6 months now but still very unknown, and my dad has virtually no experience performing. My dad wants to charge $100 an hour but I say less b/c we're so unknown. We have to use our own equipment for the gig. How much do you think is reasonable to charge?


Answer
Based on your low level of experience I'd suggest maybe starting at $75/hour and see what kind of gigs you can get lined up. As you both gain experience you can start charging more. You could check around and see what other groups are getting paid per hour. I know my daughter has played a lot of weddings with her string quartet and they charge about $200/hour, which is split between 4 people, but they've all got music degrees and have been playing for years.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment