Friday, September 27, 2013

Can someone give me a more desirable amp to buy than a FENDER MUSTANG II?

guitar godin
 on THE UNIQUE GUITAR BLOG: Godin Guitars - Factory Tour
guitar godin image



Kim Dela C


Guys and pros, kindly help me to choose a best amp for me. My guitar is GODIN SG, I have tried to use the MUSTANG II which I think so far combines with my guitar pretty well. Though I want to buy this amp now but I still need some more advices to you pros. Please help me. Thanks in advance! :)


Answer
Hello there,

Only you can decide which amp is best for you. There are many good amp. Which one I think is best, you may not. It is a matter of personal preference. You did not state your budget. Since you mentioned the Mustang II, which costs only $200. I assume you are looking for an amp in that price range. Also you did not say why you think the Mustang is not your best choice. So it is hard to give you an amp that is diffent. Do you mean you want a tube amp. You are really for the care and maintenance of a tube amp? If so, you won't get much of a tube amp for $200. Tube amps cost more than solid state. An inexpensive tube amp that is pretty good is the Jet City 20 watt tube head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdI7GuVOXCU

Do you mean you do not like a digital modeling amp. If so look at a straight amp like the Fender Frontman 212r.

If you mean you like the digitial modely amp, but wonder if there is a better one made. I don't think so. Vox, Marshall, Peavey, Line 6 and Fender all make digital modeling amps. All have some built in effects. They have several models. At each level they are priced the same. All are similar and all are good. At the Mustang II level, the $200 level, the Mustang II has more power (40 watts as opposed to only 30 watts) and more features than the other brands. It has a good tone. I think it is the better buy.

If you mean you need a more powerful amp, you either have to move up to the next price level in the digital modeling amps ($300) to get more power. Or if you want a straight amp with more power,something like the B-52 head and 4x12 speaker cab would be an option.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLzbtHlT-8&feature=related

As you can see, no one else can know which of that you will like. You need to go the some shops and try out some amps.

Later,



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment