Monday, September 30, 2013

What is a good guitar to buy for a beginning guitar student?

guitar ornament
 on Our First Christmas Christmas Ornaments | Ornaments | Custom Designs
guitar ornament image



Caty


I am 17 and I want to learn how to play guitar this year, which means that I need to buy a guitar. What would be a good guitar to buy (for a beginner), and how much would it cost? I'm kinda broke and I found one on Ebay for 30 bucks and wanted to know if that would just buy me a crappy guitar or if I bought a guitar at the price I would be getting something good for my money. I hope that makes sense.


Answer
$30 on Ebay will get you a wall ornament or a toy guitar for children, not a real instrument suitable for learning on. A decent, playable entry-level instrument will run you in the $150-300 range and should be purchased from a store specializing in musical instruments after trying it out. There are a few halfway adequate $100 guitars, but not many.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment