Thursday, September 26, 2013

Why does my guitar sound so low?

guitar yamaha apx500ii
 on Yamaha APX500II Thinline Acoustic Electric Guitar in VM | eBay
guitar yamaha apx500ii image



alan


I got a Yamaha APX500ii acoustic-electric guitar two days ago. I tuned it to standard tuning yet it still sounds really deep. I played this song on my friends guitar and it sounded normal then when i played my guitar with the capo on the same fret, same tuning same everything, it sounded just off. I want my guitar to have more a cheerful sound and tuning it to a higher frequency doesnt help:/ do i have to buy a new guitar or what else can i do to make sound less deep?? thanks in advance!


Answer
It depends on the strings. If you're using nylon strings, it'll be higher, more cheerful. It could be the the hole in your guitar, it could be too big.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment